As part of our yearly marketing plan we schedule monthly staff accountability tasks. Some examples might be sending client shoppers in to see how our trainers do with an initial assessment, or a manager picks random client files to audit to make sure client files are being taken care of correctly or having trainers conduct peer reviews. Our staff is given the full marketing plan at the beginning of each year so they know which of these accountability tasks will happen each month. However, they don’t know when during that month it will happen. You have to keep them on their toes, but be fair about it too. Having an accountability task each month keeps us on our toes as a business as well. It forces us to review important processes at least once a year….if not more often than that.
Don’t forget to sign up to receive my blog posts in your inbox!
Use the sign up box above.
In June we will be conducting Peer Reviews as our accountability task. Go ahead…give it a try at your facility!
Peer Review Process
- Watch and evaluate a group session or private training session utilizing the provided evaluation forms (don’t have forms for this? We can help with our Business of Personal Training System. It has all the forms you need for your fit pro business)
- Choose a time slot to evaluate based on your schedule availability, your desire to learn/evaluate a certain program/session and/or the individual’s desire to have a certain program/session be evaluated
- Meet with the individual you are evaluating for 30 minutes after session and review your thoughts/successes/suggestions
- You don’t have to tell the staff member when you will be evaluating them – they should always be ready to be evaluated ?
- Record on payroll under meeting or inform your direct manager – we pay our “meeting wage” for this evaluation.
- Make a copy of the evaluation form, give one to the person you are evaluating and submit the other to your direct manager (if you have one)
- Set a completion goal date for all of these evaluations.
Yours in health, fitness & business,
Hey did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training.
The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees.
A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.
DON’T REINVENT THE WHEEL! Let us give YOU the systems that we know will work.