Businesses across the country are busy navigating the new mask mandate set by the CDC.
Fitness businesses are no exception. Today I want to share the most recent mask mandate information that we sent to our clients.
Feel free to use this email (or parts of it) to create a mask mandate update for your clients. Bottom line is….your clients need to know the expectations you have set for your business. Don’t leave it up to guess work!
Don’t forget to sign up to automatically receive my latest blog post in your inbox!
Right at the top of the page.
The United States Centers for Disease Control and the State of Washington recently announced new guidance regarding COVID-19 and vaccines. Among other things, the CDC and the State of Washington now reports that fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask in most settings, except where required by state and local laws. People are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine.
Based on this new guidance regarding vaccine effectiveness, and after meeting as a team to discuss various approaches to enforcing these new mandates, beginning immediately, we are modifying our policy regarding face coverings. Our team voted unanimously to the following new protocols:
- Clients who are fully vaccinated will be able to enter and workout at Northwest Personal Training without a face mask or face shield. We will not require proof of vaccination, but we ask for our clients’ responsible and respectful cooperation with this revised policy. If you would like to provide proof of vaccination, we will make a note in your file and take a copy of your vaccination card, however, it won’t be required. If you are not fully vaccinated and/or are at higher risk, it is recommended that you continue to wear a mask or shield.
- Note: We opted to take this approach because we trust our clients and don’t want to put our team members in the position of being the vaccination card police. If an individual chooses to not get vaccinated and not wear a mask, then they have weighed the risks to themselves and other non-vaccinated individuals. The science dictates that when enough people are vaccinated, the risk to all is greatly reduced. We are very close to that point, hence the CDC’s decision to update the mask policy.
- Currently, our Northwest Personal Training team is greater than 80% vaccinated. If a team member is fully vaccinated, they will communicate with their client(s) regarding whether the client is comfortable with them removing their mask during the training session. All team members will have access to masks and some may choose to continue wearing a mask regardless.
- We will continue to operate the remaining aspects of our safety plan including:
- Enhanced hourly cleaning, ongoing disinfecting, and frequent handwashing and sanitizing
- Reduced access to the studio and physical distancing
- We will continue to operate the majority of our group classes outdoors and online. When space is available at the studio, we will operate live group classes in the group training room. Please refer to our group schedule for all details.
- Daily staff health and temperature checks and client temperature checks
- Increased HVAC and ventilation to maximize air quality and air turnover.
We continue to stand firm to the belief that in addition to the recommendations by our health officials, your best defense to all disease is a strong immune system. Research is conclusive that exercise and healthy nutrition lowers your risk for all illness including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, various cancers, and Covid-19. A healthy lifestyle does not mean that you won’t contract Covid-19, but it does indicate that you will be less likely to be hospitalized and die as a result. The message is clear, health is essential and should be our priority, now more than ever!
Please note that this is an ongoing and evolving situation and the CDC and State of Washington mandates may change and our policy may need to be updated. We continue to ask for your patience, cooperation, and support.
We will continue to keep our clients, team members and our community’s health at the forefront of all decisions we make, while following public health advice and applicable laws. If you have any questions or concerns, please call 360.574.7292 or email me.
Stay safe, healthy and strong.
Yours in health and fitness,
Sherri McMillan and your NWPT team
Yours in health, fitness & business,
Get information like this and everything you need to run a successful fitness business with the same system I wrote and use at our facilities every day…..
Hey did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training. The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees.A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.
DON’T REINVENT THE WHEEL! Let us give YOU the systems that we know work!