Need some info to send to your clients that will interest them and motivate them to work with you? Try sending them this article I just wrote for our local paper. Remind clients of all the multiple reasons muscle conditioning is critical. Share with potential clients as well….
As a result, our strength and endurance is reduced, our metabolism drops resulting in weight gain, our bone density is lowered, our posture and alignment deteriorates, our balance falters, and we experience an increase in general aches and pains. So it is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL that we do whatever we can to maintain our muscle tissue by participating in muscle conditioning exercise at least 2 to 3 days per week.
Also, sign up right here on my blog to receive my FREE 20 min streaming video where I reveal my top 5 revenue generating secrets. This video WILL help you bring in more clients and more revenue.
Don’t miss it!
Many physiologists and researchers are deeming Muscle Conditioning to be the true Fountain of Youth – the magic “pill” to reverse or prevent a significant portion of the aging process. Many of the changes people experience as they age are due to a loss in muscle mass due to inactivity…not just aging itself! So if we can maintain a significant amount of muscle tissue as we age, we can expect to age much more slowly.
Here’s a list of some of the research and benefits of strength training:
- Increased strength between 7.5-226.7% – that’s a huge increase!
- Increase lean tissue weight by 3 pounds after 8 weeks of strength exercise. Now remember that each pound of muscle you have on your body will burn an additional 30-40 calories every day. This definitely raises your metabolic rate – in fact, by 7%. So if you gain 3-4 pounds of muscle this equates to 90-160 extra calories you’ll be burning every day just by having more muscle on your body. This makes it so much easier to maintain your body weight and keep your body fat levels at a minimum.
- Lose 4 pounds of fat weight after 3 months of strength exercise, while eating 15% more calories.
- Increase bone mineral density after 4 months of strength exercise (important for reducing risk for Osteoporosis). In one study, it was found that women over the age of 40 who strength trained not only didn’t lose bone mass but they experienced a 1% gain in bone mass.
- Improved posture – most postural problems can be treated by following a structured muscle conditioning program that strengthens weak muscles
- Increase glucose uptake 23% after 4 months of strength exercise (important for reducing risk for developing diabetes).
- Increase gastro-intestinal transit time 56% after 3 months of strength exercise (important for reducing risks for colon cancer).
- Reduce blood pressure after 2 months of strength exercise.
- Improve blood lipid levels after strength training (Important for those with high cholesterol).
- Reduce low back pain after 10 weeks of specific strength exercise.
- Reduce arthritic pain after strength training. One study reported a 59% decrease in joint pain.
- Increased walking speed by 48%
- Increased climbing power by 28%
- Decreased risk of falling. One study of women over the age of 40 found that sedentary subjects experienced an 8% decline in balance while those women who strength trained, demonstrated a 14% improvement in balance scores.
On top of all these benefits, muscle looks good and it improves your posture so that you hold yourself better and with more confidence. You’ll move with better strength, balance, coordination and agility and your performance in your recreational pursuits will be enhanced significantly. Remember, strong is the new SEXY!”
Yours in Health, Fitness & Business,
Registration is now OPEN for the
2016 Fall Fitness & Training Forum
Sunday Nov 6th – 1 Day Fit Pro Event – Portland, OR
Choose from TONS of different sessions.
Mingle with Pacific Northwest Fit Pros.
No high travel fees.
New, relevant & immediately usable info.
0.8 ACE, NASM & NSCA CECs/CEUs
NOW IS THE TIME TO TAKE YOUR FITNESS BUSINESS TO THE NEXT LEVEL, AND WRITE IT OFF ON YOUR 2016 TAX RETURN!
Did you know that I wrote the ONLY complete training business system designed to help you run a million dollar personal training business?! You can have this same business system that will help you work SMARTER and generate HUGE profits like we do here at Northwest Personal Training. The fee to purchase the Business of Personal Training System can be made up within 1 month of increased PT sales and there are NO recurring franchise or licensing fees. A comparable business system in other industries would require an initial investment of tens of thousands of dollars.
Buy now and catapult your PT business to a new level and get a tax write off for your 2016 tax return!